Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cherry Delight

Cherry Delight is something that was created at work one night, when I ran out of time to make frosting for a cake that I had made. It was suppose to be chocolate frosting. Since the time was limited on this particular night. I recalled another co worker had dumped some pie filling on top of a cake and it had been really tasty. Well, I poked some holes into the cake, poured over a can of pie filling and volia' I had a cake all ready for dessert. I decided to try it out on my family one evening.  Guess what? They loved it. Even my picky eater like it. That was sweet news to my ears.

 Here is what I do:

Buy 1 yellow cake mix
1 can or 2 can's Cherry Pie Filling or Blueberry.
cool whip

Bake the cake as the box instructions say to do.
Once the cake has cooled off. Take a knife poke holes all over the cake.
Then pour over the top the pie filing.
We top it with cool whip

So, simple anyone can make it. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the nice comment on the pasta peas and bacon recipe I made! My family LOVES this recipe & I make it all the time for them. Your cake looks so good! What a graet idea instead of frosting. Have a nice evening.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would most definitely make that with a raspberry topping! looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy sounds delish and so easy thanks so much for sharing with us at Meet the Neighbors

    ReplyDelete

Goodness, you just made my day a little sweeter. Thanks Bunches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...